At KangaDo, we strive to make life easier for busy parents. One way is by helping parents share the trip to school. Whether it’s walking, biking, or carpooling to school, school pooling is fun and beneficial for kids, and saves time and stress for busy parents.
From finding carpool partners to organizing a school pool group event, KangaDo makes setting up school pools easy:
- Join school or neighborhood groups to find families nearby
- Easy to use messaging and quick request forms help turn conversation into firm plans for school pooling all-year-round
- Need a last minute pick up? Post a message and your friends will be instantly notified!
- Get automatic reminders and sync schedule to calendar
- Only connect and post requests to parents you know and trust
In honor of International Walk To School Day on Wednesday, October 8th, 2014, KangaDo is awarding a $1000 PTA prize to help San Francisco Unified School District (SFUSD) families start school pooling!
The SFUSD school with the highest percentage of families who have downloaded KangaDo app will win the grand prize.
How parents can participate:
- Download KangaDo. KangaDo is a free mobile app available on iPhone and Android. Register in the app anytime between now and October 10th.
- Join your SFUSD school group in KangaDo. Only parents in the group will be counted. Start school pooling with nearby parents!
- Get the word out and help your school win! Post a flyer at your school, or simply invite other school parents to join in the app.
- By the deadline of Friday, Oct. 10th, the SFUSD school with the highest percentage of families in their KangaDo school group wins $1000 for their school PTA!
How schools are eligible:
- At least 10% of families at the school must have downloaded the app and joined the school’s KangaDo group. (For example, 10% of a school of 250 students is 25 families)
- Families who join a school group in KangaDo must have at least one child at the school.
- Families must have joined their school groups in KangaDo by the deadline: Friday, Oct. 10, 2014, 11:59pm PDT.
Deadline: Friday, October 10th
Want to get the word out to your school? It’s easy – just:
1) Download our contest flyer and share with SFUSD parents, your PTA, school administrators!
[Download English Flyer] [Download Spanish Flyer]
2) Retweet about the contest on Twitter, or share this post via Facebook!
If you’d like to set KangaDo up for your school or have questions about our contest, please email the KangaDo team at team@KangaDoapp.com.
Not a SFUSD parent or school administrator?
KangaDo is a great tool for any school or group! Contact us at team@KangaDoapp.com to learn how to get started.